Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Incomparable Ms Jackie Evancho.....

What can I say. I am always at a loss for words.....swept away by the exquisite beauty of her sound and masterful performance of the music she embraces so wholly. Jackie.....becomes....the piece of music she is performing. It is incredible to see, time and time again, and especially this piece of music, Dark Waltz; she feels it, she lives it, in that moment. It takes my breath away. What an unbelievable marriage....the music, and Jackie. What an extraordinary experience; what a blissful pleasure. Enjoy!



DARK WALTZ  Lyrics ~ as performed by Jackie Evancho

We are the lucky onesWe shine like a thousand sunsWhen all of the colour runs together
I'll keep you companyIn one glorious harmonyWaltzing with destiny forever
Dance me into the nightUnderneath the moon shining so brightTurning me into the light
Time dances whirling pastI gaze through the looking glassAnd feel just beyond my grasp is heaven
Sacred geometryWhere movement is poetryVisions of you and me forever
Dance me into the nightUnderneath the moon shining so brightTurning me into the light
Dance me into the nightUnderneath the moon shining so brightLet the dark waltz begin
Oh let me wheel - let me spinLet it take me againTurning me into the light




 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Widgets

Visitors