Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hi & Welcome....

Hi Everyone
I am starting this blog.....just because.

I will be posting off and on, about things which warm my heart, put a smile on my face, uplifts my soul, inspires me and just generally makes me feel good. If it does the same for you, then enjoy. I LOVE good music especially, and so will place my favourites on this blog also.

If you have any suggestions, requests, whatever for my blog that you'd like to see or know about, please feel free to contribute, and let me know. If you'd like to share some of your stuff (articles, pictures,...no sales pitches please!), also let me know and I will see if I can fit it in. This blog will be about enriching the heart and soul and putting a smile on a gloomy day, or an even bigger smile on your bright smiley day; a feel-good blog (the newspapers make a good enough job of depressing us with bad/sad news, so I don't want to still encourage it here too!) Just things to smile about a bit.

I have no real theme for the blog or even an idea as yet of what I will write about, share, etc, so let's just see how it goes, ok? Let's make it interactive? as I'd love to see what feel-good/fun/inspirational/smiley things you have to share too, so, let it flow! :-)



Today I will start by simply sharing some music (on the right---->) from some of my favourite artists, like JACKIE EVANCHO & JONATHAN & CHARLOTTE. And Mariah Carey's "Hero" got me through many a tough spot in my life, reminding me who/what I am and giving me the strength to carry on. Very inspiring, so also get's a show here.

I was as a child & adolescent, a firm blues-jazz fan and loved the smooth smokey sounds of the old blues-jazz stars. But since Jackie Evancho appeared on our horizons, I discovered a whole new love affair!
I love Classical-Crossover! Especially as sung by these amazing young talents! I was, like everyone else, just blown away by Jackie; my favourite song sung by her, being: "O mio babbino caro." SO beautiful. And then I found Jonathan Antoine, the very shy young 17yr old on the Britain's Got Talent show, half of a duo with his partner, the lovely 16 year old Charlotte Jaconelli. I cried like a baby, again and again, listening to that rendition of his on that audition stage. My goodness, what a voice!!! I was blown away, and have been hooked ever since.



And then of course there's Jackie. What can I say. I have no words to even begin to describe how her voice affects me. But then again, you'll probably know what I'm talking about. Unstoppable tears every time I experience the pure flawless beauty of her voice.

Growing up, I too, wanted to do only one thing. Sing. I loved singing and music with a passion. When I mentioned that I wanted to make singing/music my career, my mom said no, there's no future in music for nice girls. (boy, was she ever wrong!) She meant well, but I'm still regretting never putting my foot down and following MY dream, as Jackie and these other musicians have done. Still, I understand that my mom meant well at the time and wanted only the best for me. I still love music and singing as much as then. Who knows, I might just finally get up the courage to actually sing!! :D I do not have Jackie's enormous talent (who does?!), and certainly not Jonathan's! but, I CAN sing for just my own pleasure, yes? Yes. My bathroom likes it, so.....maybe someday a stage may too? ;)) We'll see. First, let's work on the epic, longstanding, stage-fright complication I always had! :D

Untill then, do enjoy these wonderfully talented artists' work instead! A much better idea.....

Love & Blessings,
Shirl






             





















2 comments:

  1. Lovely first article! I love them too! Will be following your posts and looking forward to future articles! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

Visitors